The Health Committee of the Residents’ Council reminds everyone that wearing a mask is required in all public places. That includes wearing a mask when walking in the halls, sitting in public areas, playing games with friends, and in large group gatherings such as attending church services and concerts and enjoying sing-a-longs or playing bingo. Let us keep COVID and Influenza at bay by practicing good Masking Up Habits.
All you need to do is request one from Comcast’s Accessibility Support Center seven days a week from 8:00 a.m-11:00 p.m. by calling, email, chat, text, or online. Help is also available for other accessibility issues.
Submitted by Maria “Merci” Izquierdo-Whitaker
Residents’ Council Vice-President
Medical Treatment Options Discussion
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Time: 1:00PM – 2:00PM
Andrea Lanasa, LBSW – Resident Services Coordinator
Victoria Marie Shirley, BSW, LMSW – Resident Services Coordinator
Dr. Myla Carpenter – Medical Director of Charlestown’s Medical Center
Craig Nelson – Security and Emergency Services Manager
Tracy Hickman, LPN – Nurse with Gilchrist Hospice
Topics that will be discussed:
● What is a MOLST form? (Maryland Medical Orders For Life-Sustaining Treatment)
● Understanding of life-sustaining procedures/treatments.
● What is an Advance Directive (Health Care Power of Attorney / Health Care Proxy / Health Care Agent / Living Will)?
● What is FILE OF LIFE & its importance at Charlestown?
● Role of security personnel in regards to carrying out resident’s medical wishes.
● Role of Hospice Care.
● Importance of health care discussions with health care providers & family.