Last Updated on June 14, 2021
Week of May 31 – June 4, 2021
No trash pickup will occur on Memorial Day, Monday, May 31, 2021. Our revised schedule will be as follows:
TRASH Pickup Schedule All Buildings:
Tues. June 1
Fri. June 4
RECYCLING Pickup Schedule:
Weds. June 2: Caton Ridge; Harborview; Herbert’s Run; St. Charles
Thur. June 3: Arborside; Brookside; Chapel Court; Courtyard Crossing; Edgewood; Fountain Hill; Greentree Court; Maple Terrace; New Carroll; Parkview
- Tuesdays – Caton Ridge, Harborview, St. Charles, Herbert’s Run
- Fridays – Brookside, Edgewood, Parkview, Chapel Court, Courtyard Crossing, Greentree Court, Arborside, Maple Terrace, Fountain Hill, & New Carroll
- Place all recyclable items in blue recycling bins and/or brown paper bags. Please do not put recyclable items for collection in plastic bags.
- Leave outside your door the night before scheduled pickup or before 7:30 AM on pick-up morning.
- If you need a recycling bin, call Charlestown Housekeeping at 410-737-8838, x8595.
- You may request up to 2 bins.
- Monday and Thursday
- DO NOT PUT YOUR TRASH OUT ON THE EVENING BEFORE PICKUP BEFORE 9:00 PM.
- Trash containers by the elevators and the lobby entrances are not designed for household trash. Please wait until a regular trash day for door side pickup.
- Adjusted pick-up schedules will be posted if a holiday falls on a pick-up day.
Here is an updated list of items that can be recycled. Please print out for your refrigerator. This information reflects what can be recycled outside your apartment on recycling days and reflects what is handled by Waste Management, the company that collects our recycling. It differs from material handling at the dining rooms which is dictated by Baltimore County rules for restaurants.What-to-recycle-notice-revised-2018
Plastic Bags: Plastic bag disposal containers, are being collected in the laundry rooms.
Soft Plastic Details
Batteries: Drop in battery collection box in each laundry room.
Electronics (computers/monitors/printers/cell phones, etc.): Call Housekeeping by Monday. Pickup is on Tuesday.
Small Appliances (Toaster Ovens, etc.): Dispose with regular trash.
Syringe Needles: Place in a Sharps Container, which can be obtained by calling Housekeeping at: 410-737-8838, x8595; do not place syringe needles in the trash. Call Housekeeping to pick up a full container.
Unwanted Medications:The Residents’ Council Health Committee partners with Charlestown’s Security and Emergency Services and the Baltimore County Police Department in holding a Medicine Disposal Day of prescription/non-prescription drugs quarterly. The collection is open to both Residents and Staff.
~~Consult the BLOG ARTICLE on proper disposal of unwanted medications. Empty medicine containers without lids, are recyclable; medicine container lids are not recyclable and should be put in the trash.
#1 – #7 acceptable plastic
Recyclable clamshells & various paper products
NO to paper coffee/drink cups and lids
NO to paper dessert and soup cups and lids
NO to paper napkins, towels & tissues
NO to anything labelled “compostable”