Last Updated on August 19, 2022
Charlestown Mission Statement
We share our gifts to create a community that celebrates life.
All residents of Charlestown are members of the Charlestown Residents Association. Voluntary dues are collected annually to support Council activities. READ MORE
The purpose of the Association is:
- To promote the health, comfort and safety of the residents of Charlestown
- To enhance participation of the residents in daily activities of the community
- To encourage mutual efforts between residents and management, to improve welfare and services, and to control expenses
- To foster communications between the residents and management
- To monitor legislation concerning the welfare of retirement communities
- To maintain a cordial relationship with the Board of Directors of Charlestown Community, Inc.
Twenty-one members of the Residents’ Association are elected by the Association to serve as the Residents’ Council for a term of three years. The Residents’ Council administers the affairs of the Council and the Association.
The Residents’ Council carries out its responsibilities through fifteen standing committees, each chaired by a member of the Council, aided by a cadre of residents with interests and skills appropriate to that committee’s responsibilities. The President and the Vice President of the Council meet regularly with the Executive Director and his/her assistant to ensure open channels of communication between the Council and Management.