Last Updated on September 17, 2022
Communicating with Community Resources:
“Relax, Renew, Reimagine, Reconnect”
Starting a New Group, Club, or Activity
- The Community Resources Manager, Mary Evans is your primary contact to start up a new resident-driven activity which includes all groups, clubs and special events. She will provide assistance for all of your start-up needs!
How to Become a Charlestown Volunteer
- Stephanie Knowles is the Volunteer Program Coordinator, and your main contact for information on the wide variety of volunteer activities available to residents.
- Volunteer activities are available in Independent Living and Continuing Care.
- Volunteer news and updates can be seen on Channel 972, on MyErickson and on the Charlestown resident website: Resident Life/Volunteering
How to Get on the Charlestown Performing Arts Mailing List
- The Community Concert Coordinator, Jennifer Tillett is your primary contact for all performing arts events taking place at Charlestown. She also sends out a monthly e-newsletter which highlights the upcoming month’s performances. If you would like to receive this e-newsletter, please email Jennifer at Jennifer.Tillett@erickson.com with your request.
Getting Information on the Calendar
- Once your new group forms, determine if you would like to promote it in the Significant Activities Monthly Calendar. This highlights all the one-time special events and activities open to the entire community.
- All calendar information must be submitted to the Community Resources Coordinator, Rose Sands and Lead Coordinator, Brittany Owens by the by the 15th of every month.
- Notify the Community Resources Coordinator, Rose Sands AND Lead Coordinator, Brittany Owens if your group changes or cancels a meeting or event, particularly during holidays and the summer months.
- The Significant Activities Monthly Calendar is also available online under Resident Resources/Calendars|Events on MyErickson and the Residents’ website under Resident Activities/Events/Activities Calendar.
Room Scheduling and Set-Ups (i.e. Work Orders)
- All public spaces must be reserved prior to your meeting or event.
- To reserve a meeting space, contact any member of the Community Resources Team.
- Room schedules are posted outside meeting spaces. Please note that these schedules show recurring meetings ONLY. One-time events may still be occurring in a room even if it is not listed on the Room Schedule. Do not assume that a room is empty and available for your use. If you have not contacted Community Resources, then your room reservation is NOT confirmed.
- Standard room set-ups remain in effect. The only venues that require a specific set-up are the Conference Center, Auditorium and Gallery. Community Resources completes and submits work orders to Housekeeping on your behalf. Please note that work orders must be submitted at least two (2) weeks prior to your event or meeting.
- If you change or cancel a meeting or event, please let Community Resources know as soon as possible so that your reservation is cancelled and another group can use the space.
- If your group changes leadership, disbands, or discontinues using its meeting space, please notify Community Resources as soon as possible.
Advertising Your Group, Club, or Meeting
- In addition to the monthly calendar, MyErickson, the community bulletin boards and the Residents’ Council website are a great way to advertise your new group or club.
- All postings on the bulletin boards must be approved and signed by a member of Community Resources. Consider making a fun, eye-catching flyer for your new meeting/activity.
- Please note that flyers for bulletin boards may not go up immediately; please allow 2-3 business days to process.
- Your flyer will remain on the boards for up to 2 weeks, with some exceptions.
- Community Resources is not responsible for creating or typing flyers.
What Else Can We Do for You?
- Creative Arts Studios: We have three arts studios on campus available for your use to create your masterpieces. Often these rooms have open studio time, but sometimes groups have the room reserved. Please check all room schedules or call Community Resources before entering. Cabinet storage keys and display case spaces are also available. Please contact Stephanie Knowles for more information.
- Cross Creek Lobby and Short Line Window Displays: Do you have a unique or interesting collection or hobby you would like to share and display for a month at a time? Please contact Stephanie Knowles for more information.
- MyErickson Resident App: Check out what’s going on around campus or your Meal Plan Balance, make dining room reservations and message staff from your device, and so much more! Currently for use on desktop and laptop computers, smartphones, and tablets for all residents with a valid email address. Contact Community Resources to get your account activated.
For more in-depth information about Community Resources and Groups, Clubs and Organizations, please refer to the icon on MyErickson or the Community Resource Guidebook or contact a member of your Community Resources Team: