Medical Treatment Options Discussion
Date: Tuesday, October 12, 2021
Time: 1:00PM – 2:00PM
Andrea Lanasa, LBSW – Resident Services Coordinator
Victoria Marie Shirley, BSW, LMSW – Resident Services Coordinator
Dr. Myla Carpenter – Medical Director of Charlestown’s Medical Center
Craig Nelson – Security and Emergency Services Manager
Tracy Hickman, LPN – Nurse with Gilchrist Hospice
Topics that will be discussed:
● What is a MOLST form? (Maryland Medical Orders For Life-Sustaining Treatment)
● Understanding of life-sustaining procedures/treatments.
● What is an Advance Directive (Health Care Power of Attorney / Health Care Proxy / Health Care Agent / Living Will)?
● What is FILE OF LIFE & its importance at Charlestown?
● Role of security personnel in regards to carrying out resident’s medical wishes.
● Role of Hospice Care.
● Importance of health care discussions with health care providers & family.