Last Updated on
MLK Jr. Holiday Schedule: Week of January 21, 2019
Please be advised, NO trash pickup will occur on
Monday, January 21st
Trash Pickup Schedule for All Buildings:
Tues., Jan. 22, 2019
Fri. Jan. 25,2019
Recycling Pickup Schedule by Building:
Wed., Jan. 23, 2019
Herbert’s Run, St. Charles, Caton Ridge & Harborview
Thur., Jan. 24, 2019
Brookside, Edgewood, Chapel Court, Parkview
Courtyard Crossing, Greentree Court, Arborside
Maple Terrace, Fountain Hill, New Carroll
- Tuesdays – Caton Ridge, Harborview, St. Charles, Herbert’s Run
- Fridays – Brookside, Edgewood, Parkview, Chapel Court, Courtyard Crossing, Greentree Court, Arborside, Maple Terrace, Fountain Hill, & New Carroll
- Place all recyclable items in blue recycling bins and/or brown paper bags , not any type of plastic bag.
- Leave outside your door the night before scheduled pickup or before 7:30 AM on pick-up morning.
- If you need a recycling bin, call Charlestown Housekeeping at 410-737-8838, x8595.
- You may request up to 2 bins.
- Monday and Thursday
- DO NOT PUT YOUR TRASH OUT ON THE EVENING BEFORE PICKUP BEFORE 9:00 PM.
- Trash containers by the elevators and the lobby entrances are not designed for household trash. Please wait until a regular trash day for door side pickup.
- Adjusted pick-up schedules will be posted if a holiday falls on a pick-up day.
Plastic Bags: All laundry rooms have plastic bag disposal containers, which are emptied weekly.
Batteries: Drop in battery collection box in each laundry room.
Electronics (computers/monitors/printers/cell phones, etc.): Call Housekeeping by Monday. Pickup is on Tuesday.
Small Appliances (Toaster Ovens, etc.): Dispose with regular trash.
Syringe Needles: Place in a Sharps Container, which can be obtained by calling Housekeeping at: 410-737-8838, x8595; do not place syringe needles in the trash. Call Housekeeping to pick up a full container.
Unwanted Medications:The Residents’ Council Health Committee partners with Charlestown’s Security and Emergency Services and the Baltimore County Police Department in holding a Medicine Disposal Day of prescription/non-prescription drugs quarterly. The collection is open to both Residents and Staff.
~~Consult the BLOG ARTICLE on proper disposal of unwanted medications. Empty medicine containers without lids, are recyclable; medicine container lids are not recyclable and should be put in the trash.