Evergreen Topics for August 23, 2021
Below is the list of topics I have taken the responsibility to maintain and update periodically or when timely. I submit them after first sending them to Managers to alter or add before re-submitting them to reappear in the Sunburst or our website.
- Need Something Fixed or Repaired? Updated General Services contact instructions are found on our website with the current hours under General Services Communications. An updated posting was also in the July Sunburst, advising residents to call the Computer Services phone for Internet issues.
- Reoccurring Opportunities for Voicing Concerns: Found listed under the above in Campus Info>Getting Things Done and New Residents. All info is now under review, and the next posting will be whenever these types of gatherings are convened again. In the meantime, there is a stream-lined version of existing events on the website and the Council Communication Form icon on our website can be used at any time to alert the Council to a problem.
- Resident Directory Info: Found in the Blog Section of our website by entering a subject in the “Search” block on the right side. The hard-copy Resident Directory, including the e-copy, was last published in late June with residents living in CC included under WO and CW. The alternative, My Erickson version, is self-correcting with help from the How-To-Guides under Resident Resources but is not a source for Admin updates. A revised ME Directory is being constructed.
- Swift Reach: The latest version is found on the website on the Home page, at the bottom left, under the Alert Line info, shown in Blue and includes Swift 911. There is a red Emergency Info icon on the website Home Page that opens to include this info also. The full article, including photos, was in the March Sunburst.
- BCF: September is BCF Month with many events planned: Philanthropy Fridays on 972 beginning 9/10, an ELLIC, BCF Facts/Myth presentation on 9/21, the Love Boat Telethon is scheduled for 9/22 on 972. Treasure stores are open at regularly scheduled hours. The Ladies Boutique has offered a “Sale” since 8/10, as described under website Announcements. A Treasure Sale has been announced for Sept. 30 – October 2 in the Erickson Center, but collections are still suspended. Memory Walk Brick orders can be placed for the Fall Ceremony.
- Community Resources: There will be a “Pop-up” Sales Event August 31st featuring some resident clubs to benefit BCF. Also, there will be the “Fruits of Our Labors” event on 9/17 in the Erickson Center in connection with a Sales Event. Rose Sands asks Groups/Clubs to confirm their current meeting rooms and times and asks committees to continue to urge their members and others to add photos to their ME profiles. The CCI website has directions for this under “Tech Help”. Wi-Fi enhancements have finished.
Mary Evans is welcoming support from the Council through our Computer Literacy Zooms and Hope’s new class beginning in September to help with residents needing Tech help.
- Medical Center: Stay Hydrated during this hot summer season!Masks are still required in certain settings, including the Medical Center and crowds of over 50 people. HR is encouraging, not mandating, remaining staff to get vaccinated which are increasing as masks are mandatory if not. Make a point of getting your Annual Wellness check! Volunteers are sought to help with the CC Intermissions Program activities. Check out Erickson Advantage Medicare Supplement Insurance for special Charlestown benefits as the Open Enrollment period for Medicare approaches. Sign up for the Care Path Program, even though you may have your own doctor off-campus, in case of emergencies. Look out for info on our flu clinics coming up in October.
- Move-out Process at End of Life: Found permanently on our website in the Blog area. The article, including the need for an “Authorization for Entry to Living Unit” form, was approved by Finance and was published in the June Sunburst.
- Housekeeping has suspended resident apartment cleaning service until further notice to concentrate on public spaces due to staff shortages. Home Support Services welcomes a new manager, Brandie Simons, and want to remind residents that they can help with laundry, pet care, and meal delivery services among the many other services offered.
Extras: Staff shortages are still affecting all departments. HR is hard at work to recruit. Dining has temporarily closed the Atrium restaurant and reduced delivery menu selections from the other restaurants. Congrats to Pam Stiner who is leaving for an AED position at Riderwood. Check out the new ELLIC fall catalog available now on our website, with limited hard copies available at front desks on 8/23. GS reminds us to have Apartments numbers on our address label on all orders to be delivered.