Last Updated on April 1, 2020
If the resident has an iPad or iPhone, use the Medical Center iPad to do the following
– Tap the blue “+” icon at the top of the screen.
– Type in the email address or phone number of the person you wish to reach.
– Tap the “Video” button to send the call
– If the call goes through, you are ready for the telehealth visit
If your computer supports FaceTime, you can use it as well.
– Tap the Google Duo app to launch it
– Click Search contacts or dial
– Type the phone number in the search bar
– Click the icon with the correct phone number
– Pick Video Call
If the call goes through, you are ready for the telehealth visit.
The resident might be asked to Allow Google Duo to access their camera and to access their microphone. They need to grant this permission.
If this is the first time accessing Google Duo, it will be slightly different (extra steps underlined)
- Tap the Google Duo App
- Click the x in the upper left corner to close the video
- Click Search contacts or dial
- Add phone number in the search bar
- Click the icon with the correct phone number
- Pick Video Call
- It will warn you that Knock Knock (Video Preview function) is on, click “Got it”
- If the call goes through, you are ready for the telehealth visit
If the resident’s phone does not have the Google Duo app installed, you will get a notification to invite them to download the app from the store.
Go to Google Play Store (search Play Store in the search bar or in the apps) and search for Google Duo (Blue icon with a video camera inside)
– Install the app
– Once downloaded, click open
– It will ask you to allow Duo to access your contacts – click allow or deny
– Allow Duo to take pictures and record video – click allow
-Allow Duo to record audio – click allow
– Grant Google Duo access to your contacts so that you can begin calling people.
– Confirm your phone number so that people can find you.
– Type in the confirmation code that Google Duo sent you over SMS.
– Grant the app permission to take pictures and record audio and videos.
– You will be met with a welcome screen with the camera pointed at your shining face.
– Duo will tell you how many of your current contacts you can reach through the app.
-To video chat with just one contact at a time, type their name in the search field, or scroll downwards to make a selection.