Last Updated on June 16, 2021
Healthy Habits – COVID-19 and the Flu
Residents and Coronavirus
CDC Offers Good Health Measures for the Prevention of Flu Spread
While coronavirus is in the news, our primary concern is prevention of influenza which is widespread right here in the U.S. Please take these following steps which are recommended by the CDC for prevention of flu. These steps are also effective against coronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning.
In lieu of the traditional bookmobile service, Baltimore county Library is offering book delivery to Charlestown residents! Call 410-887-7586 to request books. Books may be picked up and dropped off at the Community Resources offices in Brookside.