Last Updated on October 3, 2020
Healthy Habits – COVID-19 and the Flu
Schedule of Council Committee Meetings - October
|Benevolent Care Fund||Jean Eichenlaub and Eugenia High||4th Wed. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 28||Zoom|
|Communications||Dick Crebs and David Elder||4th Mon. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 26||Zoom|
|Conservation||Anna Marie Ciarrocchi||3rd Tues. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 20||Zoom|
|Dining Services||Bob Caulfield/Ron MacNab||3rd Mon. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 19||BR-1 (limited attendance to 10)|
|Finance||Gordon Piche||Last Tues. 9:00 a.m.||Oct. 27||Zoom|
|Grounds||Michael Rose||4th Tues. 10:00 a.m.||Oct. 27||Zoom|
|Health||Merci Izquierdo-Whitaker||2nd Tues. 11:00 a.m.||Oct. 13||Zoom|
|Housekeeping||Betty Elder||3rd Fri. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 16||Zoom|
|Legislative/Political||Pat Payne||2nd Wed. 10:00 a.m.||Oct. 14||Zoom|
|Maintenance & Engineering||Jackie Graham||4th Tues. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 27||Zoom|
|Resident Life||Ron Fayer||3rd Wed. 2:00 p.m.||Oct. 21||Zoom|
|Safety & Security||Ed Wallace||2nd Tues. 1:00 p.m.||Oct. 13||Zoom|
|Website Subcommittee||Hope N. Tillman||4th Mon. in odd months 1:00 p.m.||Nov. 23||Zoom|
Residents and Coronavirus
CDC Offers Good Health Measures for the Prevention of Flu Spread
While coronavirus is in the news, our primary concern is prevention of influenza which is widespread right here in the U.S. Please take these following steps which are recommended by the CDC for prevention of flu. These steps are also effective against coronavirus:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning.
The Medical Center is Bringing the Flu Vaccine to You This Year!
Flu Vaccine Schedule
|Weds. Sept. 30||9 AM - Noon||Chapel Court | Parkview|
|Thur. Oct. 1||9 AM - Noon||Caton Ridge | Edgewood|
|Weds. Oct. 7||9 AM - Noon||Herbert's Run|
|Thur. Oct. 8||9 AM - Noon||Harborview|
|Fri. Oct. 9||9 AM - Noon||St. Charles|
Questions? Call Medical Center: 410-247-5602
I write this as a friendly but serious reminder of the importance of taking precautions when we hire any outside provider of personnel services, so you and I can remain COVID-19 free. Nothing new, but very important for us since it relates to our unique population's...
Here are groups and clubs who are meeting by Zoom or other technologies during this time of self-quarantine: Genealogy Club, Journal Club, Photography Interest Group (PHIG), Unitarian-Universalists, Virtual Friday Happy Hour Group. See the Residents’ Council committees separately.