Home Support Services
Charlestown Home Support Services, located on campus in Brookside, is dedicated to providing quality care for our residents in the privacy of their own homes. Charlestown has a professional, private duty program of licensed Certified Nursing Assistants (Home Support Aides) who provide a broad range of personal care that can be scheduled from one hour to twenty-four hours per day, seven days per week. In addition, a Home Support Nurse is always on-call. Examples of care are listed on pages 28 – 29 of the Resident Handbook, 2017 in print or online under Community Info in MyErickson, which requires a password.
All Charlestown Home Support staff are licensed by the State of Maryland and are Charlestown employees. Therefore, residents or their families never have to worry about withholding taxes, background checks/drug screens or workman’s compensation issues, which are necessary when one hires their own home health worker. The cost of having personalized Home Support goes directly to a resident’s monthly bill, with no additional financial accounting needed. The updated 2018 List of Ancillary Fees was supplied as a handout in all cubbies in November, 2017, or contact Home Support about available services and accompanying fees.
Home Support is licensed by the State of Maryland, Long Term Care Insurance and thus will cover the cost of most home care needs depending on an individual’s policy. The department will provide complimentary submission to your long term care insurance company. The registered nurses are available to set up medication cassettes and provide visits for help with needs such as wound care, eye drops and BP monitoring. They are also available to accompany residents to medical appointments on and off campus per request. Should you have questions or would like to discover how Charlestown’s Home Support can help you enjoy a more independent life, please call 410-737-8801 or email Casey.Jaekle@erickson.com.
Looking for Personal Care or Private Duty Services?
It’s a big decision. And when you choose carefully and correctly you get a big reward- peaceof mind.
As you look at your different options, use this checklist to take notes and compare personal care or private duty providers. After you complete your research, call our Home Support Services office at 410-737 -8 801 to discuss the best care options for you and your loved one.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR
Agency hiring process includes screenings for certification and licensure verification checks, drug screenings and criminal background checks.
- All caregivers have the appropriate licensure and insurance.
- All aides are credentialed.
- Aides’ RN supervisor evaluates the quality of care provided with on-site visits every 60 days.
- All employees attend thorough orientation training, pass a skills competency test and receive a minimum of 12 hours a year of continuing education.
- All employees are screened for TB, current with all required immunizations and bonded and insured by the employer.
- All aides have specialized training in working with seniors.
- Inclement weather policy is in place.
- Coordinated care with primary care physician.
- State income taxes, social security and other expenses are covered by agency.
Last Updated on