Last Updated on
Nominating and Elections Committee Presents 2019
Candidate & Election Information
Hope Tillman, Co-Chair
Walt Howe, Co-Chair
July 1, 2019
Important Election Information
This packet contains important information about the annual election of seven new members of the Charlestown Residents’ Council on
Wednesday, August 7, 2019.
- Photographs and 100 word bios of each of the candidates – Study them and decide which seven (7) candidates will receive your vote. You may wish to mark them and bring them with you on Election Day, as it may help you complete your ballot.
- Election Day Schedule – showing location of polling places and voting hours. You must vote at the polling place designated for the building where you live, so become familiar with the place and the voting hours.
- Absentee Ballot Information – If you will be unable to vote on Election Day, you may obtain an absentee ballot. The Instructions For Absentee Ballots on the last page contains all of the information you need.
In addition to the information in this packet, there are several other ways to become acquainted with the candidates before Election Day.
- Photo Posters – Large posters containing photographs and bios of the candidates will be displayed near the dining and lounge areas throughout Charlestown. The posters will help you identify the candidates.
- Channel 972 (The program will also be viewable on Community Videos on MyErickson starting June 29): Saturday, June 29 & Sunday, June 30 1:30pm and 7pm; Tuesday, July 2 at 2PM & 7 PM & Wednesday, July 3 2pm and 7 PM ; Monday July, 8, Wednesday, July 10 & Friday, July 12 2pm &7pm; Tuesday, July 16 & Thursday, July 18 2pm & 7pm; Monday, July 22, Wednesday, July 24 & Friday, July 26 2pm & 7pm; Tuesday, Tuesday 30 & Thursday, August 1 2pm & 7pm; Saturday, August 3 & Sunday, August 4 1:30pm & 7pm; Tuesday, August 6 2PM & 7pm. Will appear in the Special Programming slot.
- Name Badges – Each candidate will be wearing a red RC CANDIDATE ribbon on their name badge during the campaign. Candidates are encouraged to visit various dining rooms and other campus activities. Introduce yourself and get to know them.
Residents’ Council Election Day Schedule
Election Day: Wednesday, August 7, 2019
You must vote at the polling place designated for the building where you live.
|Building||Polling Place||Voting Hours|
|Fountain Hill (Bldg 1)
Maple Terrace (Bldg 2)
New Carroll (Bldgs 4 and 5)
|Refectory||3:00 PM – 6:30 PM|
Courtyard Crossing (Bldg 7)
Arborside (Bldg 8)
Greentree Crossing (Bldg 9)
|Terrace Cafe||11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
3:00 PM – 6:30 PM
|Fireside||11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
3:00 PM – 6:30 PM
|St Charles||Atrium||3:00 PM – 6:30 PM|
|Shortline at lunch and Chesapeake at dinner||11:00 AM – 2:00 PM
3:00 pm – 6:30 pm
|Renaissance Gardens||Dorsey Lobby||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Caton Woods||Caton Woods 1st Floor Lobby||10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Wilton Overlook||check with staff|
Instructions for Absentee Ballots
Absentee ballots for the Residents’ Council election, to be held on Wednesday, August 7th, 2019, are available to any resident who, for any reason, will be off-campus or will be confined to his/her apartment on election day
How to Obtain an Absentee Ballot
Requests for Absentee Ballot must be submitted no later than fourteen (14) days prior to the election (by July 24th). If both residents of a single apartment require ballots, they may be requested on the same form. Only one apartment may be included on a single form.
- Complete the Request for Absentee Ballot available below.
- Detach the request at the dotted line.
- Send the completed request, in an envelope, through in-house mail, to: Phyl Lansing
- OR Send her an email request. Please be sure to include your name and apartment number in the email.
- Your request MUST be received no later than July 24th.
Your Absentee Ballot, and a pre-addressed return envelope, will be sent to your in-house mail slot (“cubby”). Complete the Absentee Ballot promptly, and use the envelope provided to return it. All Absentee Ballots must be in the hands of Phyl Lansing before 6:30 PM, Monday, August 5th.
QUESTIONS?: Call Phyl Lansing
Please see Resident Directory on My Erickson to find Phyl Lansing’s email, phone number, or apartment number. Login to My Erickson with Your Username and Password Here
REQUEST FOR ABSENTEE BALLOT – 2019
I / We will be off-campus or confined to my/our apartment on election day.
Please send me/us the necessary absentee ballot(s).