Did you know when you purchase from Amazon you can have them donate to Charlestown’s Benevolent Care Fund? This at no extra cost to you. Here’s how:
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Enter your Amazon ID and password or create a smile.amazon account.
- When the website appears look for the Charity List and search for Charlestown Community Inc.
- Hit Select.
- Place your order. It’s the same Amazon you know, but a separate website. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Remember to generate donations you must always shop at smile.amazon.com.
- Amazon.smile donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible smile.amazon.com purchases to the charity of your choice–Charlestown Benevolent Care Fund and this will not effect any free shipping for Amazon Prime customers.
- You can buy online with a computer or cellphone in order to contribute. When buying on your cellphone you may use your Amazon Shopping app and tap “Settings” in the main menu (☰), then tap “AmazonSmile” and follow the on-screen instructions to turn on AmazonSmile on your phone.
- We can expand the donations to BCF by suggesting to our children and grandchildren that they use smile.amazon.com when buying at Amazon.
Roland Gray and Charlie Eichenlaub, BCF Supporters